"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

I don't know about all of you but I certainly have a case of the winter-time blues. Don't get me wrong, I love a good dose of powdery fun and all that comes with it- but I'm ready for some sunshine and fresh air. (I tend to become quite the hermit in the cold). I'm ready for a new adventure or two.

                                            (found on suzyhumanity)

New blog title: Sink or Swim. Now, granted this phrase usually reflects a sense of self-rescue... I look at it in a slightly different way. I see it as meaning we either choose to succumb to the daily grind and the pain that is so often part of our lives- or we look up and ask for a new light to be shed on the situation. I think it goes hand-in-hand with a great quote I found years back, "Pain can give you sight or make you blind." I choose sight. I choose to swim.

I have been incredibly inspired by several blogs lately to spice up some aspects of my life. Thanks to my sis, I've found several blogs that will help me in my journey to cleanse. I also have a handful of blogs that inspire me to dabble in more artistic ventures such as crafting around the apartment. I'm an avid thrift store shopper and love a good flea market or garage sale find. I'm itching for Spring weather so that I can get out and about to find some trinkets.

Funny side note: I was asked for the billionth time if I live alone today, then this person proceeded to mention that most single women want cats. Ha. How stereotypical. I'd rather have a dog, thanks. :)

P.S. The blog is in the midst of a little revamping... pardon the lack of a decent header and what not. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see what Crafting adventures you'll be having! I hope you're Trader Joe's opens soon so it'll be much easier to keep eating organic! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Insightful. Hopeful. Faith-full. Lovely. Transparent.

    As are you.

    ReplyDelete