Seeking accountability...

Well folks, after many failed attempts, I'm publicly announcing my next go of trying to kick sugar to the curb.

I'm an avid reader of Jami Nato's blog and recently she has posted about her journey to do this very thing. You see, this sugar problem of mine is not just a bummer for the waistline... it is also a faith issue. Over-indulging in sweets and processed treats is gluttony. Gluttony, my friends, is a sin. Even worse than that is the reality that I tend to rely on these sugary items for comfort when I should be seeking Him. I know this process is going to require a lot more time in prayer and journaling through the heart issues that go hand-in-hand with such an "addiction." 

I'm also realizing that our society is very food-focused. We use sweet treats as rewards or comfort. Social gatherings are often centered around a spread of delicious treats. Somewhere along the lines we have forgotten that food is meant to be fuel for our bodies. Sugar and processed foods fail to meet our nutrient needs and therefore cannot help our bodies stay energized. I so want to keep this truth in the forefront of my mind. I want to truly be aware of what I'm feeding my body.

With that being said, I'm anxious to put all the great finds on Pinterest and blogs to good use. I'm asking for you, the few followers I may still have, to help keep me accountable in this process to clean out my diet. I'm going to try to work my way through as Jami did and allow myself a day of rest- but this does not mean a day of binging which my old self would have done. I appreciate any encouragement you all may have to offer.

Here's to a fresh start and a healthier way of living!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! The Lord has drastically changed my eating habits this year, it's hard and good. Physically I feel better and am more confident, and spiritually I have had to depend on Him to show me how it looked. I love Jami's blog and have been so excited to see other people hopping on the health thing too. Let me know how I can help you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks, Em. I had actually just talked to my sis about your awesome lifestyle change the other day. I could use any tips and prayer you could offer. :) I don't have many issues with pop or fast food... but sugar and processed snacks mostly. I like veggies and fruits but get bored with the same line-up. Just need to rely on the Big guy. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete