Sweet summertime...

One week in and I'm already so thankful for the rest and joy I've encountered on this break. My sweet niece has made life far more beautiful than I could imagine and I am awestruck by her sweet giggle, smile, and those hugs that truly snatch the breath from your chest.


Her mother, my beautiful sister and dearest friend, teaches me daily what it means to be a real woman in this world. I am so grateful for the time spent curled up in her cozy home just laughing, talking, and even learning how to bake. :)

I truly love all things simple. Some of the best times I have are spent at my siblings' home eating pizza, sharing stories, and just being real. I have a great family. I don't pretend to not have my moments with them, of course. We are all flawed. I'm just so thankful for their love and forgiveness.

The Lord has instilled a passion in me to clean up and clean out my life. I am working to strengthen my faith and perspective of God through time in the word, book studies, and fellowship. This summer is a wonderful opportunity to devote time to rearranging my priorities. I am learning daily to release the control I try so hard to have. His plans are the only plans worth pursuing... even when I am unaware of what those plans may lead to.

I have a summer bucket list going and I am looking forward to crossing off some (if not all) the items before beginning the surge into a new school year. I'm ready to take on year 3 with a new attitude.

This blog has been neglected, but I hope to better utilize it in the coming months. I hope you all are having a wonderful summer and remember to slow down once in awhile. It's crazy how much we miss seeing when we are in such a hurry to live. 


2 comments: